Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sobbing Like a Little Girl

Shalom! I can't believe how a softy I really am. Sometimes while watching chickflicks and "feel good" movies, I can't help but well up and sob at certain melodramatic parts. I've noticed that only a few men fall down from the heights of their machismos. I know some men are softies like me but hate to admit or show it publicly. Hey, its nothing to be embarrassed about. I think men are allowed to cry once in awhile. I cry a lot so maybe there is something wrong with me but who cares.

Anyhoo, one of the films where I broke down and sobbed like a little girl was "Fighting Temptations" starring Beyonce (oh my she is smokin') and Cuba Gooding. This is a great "feel good" movie focusing on how belief in God can really change your life. Great Singers like Melba Moore, Faith Evans, Angie Stone, the O-Jays, Montrell Jordan, and other artists come together to complete the cast. The musical talent in this film is enough to already get you to your knees. To hear them singing black gospel songs is inspirational.

Now to where I became a little girl. Oh yes... it was this exact part in the movie when all these great stars performed together in order to win the Baptist Choir Competition. They sing "He Still Loves Me". Check it out on this video.



This song really got me going into an uncontrollable sobfest. I realized that if this made me cry that there must truly be a God that loves us all. Now I am not one to openly preach about my belief, but this song is so powerful. It's as powerful as the tremors I make when I jump. It's as powerful as my invigorating breath when I wake up in the morning. It's as powerful as my jaws chewing on some bacon. Hmmmm, bacon, hmmmm....

Seriously, the song for me is so amazing on deeper levels. The song also tells us that no matter where we are, what we do, and who we are, "He" will always love us. Just to clarify... I meant "He" as God and not some gay dude trying to give me a dirty sanchez.



D

0 comments: