Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mclovin' is Bad Ass

A couple of days ago, I watched this movie called "Superbad" which is a movie about 2 senior best friend geeks in high school trying to get laid before they get into college. Its such a cliche right? Actually... its a great movie. The dialogue is very smart and funny. What can you expect when the director is Judd Apatow and stars Michael Cera, Seth Rogen and some of the cast members of the movie "Knocked Up" (this is another movie you should watch... the scene with the bouncer which is an actor in "The Office" is so hilarious). You guys should definitely watch this movie. Its like "American Pie" meets "Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle".

Anyhoo... there was a scene where the 2 best friends and one of their geeky friend had a mission to get a fake ID so that they could buy booze for a party that their prospective chicks were holding. Anyway... so their geeky friend (and I mean really geeky, glasses and all!) gets the fake ID but puts down the wrong name. The name he puts down was Mclovin'. Oh yes... no first name...and no last name. It was just Mclovin'. While buying the booze, "Mclovin'" gets involved in a liquor store robbery (he got punched by the mugger) and is interrogated by 2 moronic cops. They look at his ID and they see the name. The 2 cops soon drive around town with Mclovin' thinking him as some cool cassanova just because of his name.

So, it got me wondering, would my life actually be different if I had a different name. Would I actually be cooler than I am now. Frankly... I think the name Davey is such a pussy name. I remember before when I was in high school... I would actually fantasize about having a different name like Ace or Flash. Would chicks dig these names?

Now, I am actually pondering the notion what it would like be if I was named "Mclovin'". That would be so bad ass! I mean... people calling you Mclovin... hmmm... so awesome. If I had that name I bet I would get a lot of tail. Possibly, even on a daily basis. I mean... chicks would actually line up to taste some Mclovin'. What a funny notion, right? I could be the image model for McDonalds or something, right? The tag line could be... " Come and Taste some Big Mclovin'" or something like that, right?

Hmmm... what if people started calling me "the drake". This name was a character in Seinfeld (Sitcom). "The drake" would actually seem cool. Or maybe... if I was called "Mojambo" or "Santoro". It would be so ethnic and mafia, right? Oh, and if I was in the mafia... that would absolutely be ridonc!!! People calling me "the drake" or "mickey the bat" or "Db the bull" or something so mafia cool and suave. Being a cool and collected hitman or boss in the mafia would be so "Godfather".

I bet other people think about the "what if's" if their name was different. Would people actually look at you and relate to you differently by changing just a minute detail of yourself like your name?

comments:

hi, davey! hope you had a merry christmas. =D