Thursday, November 15, 2007

Late Night Cravings (episode 1)

11:00pm, dark and cold on this gloomy november night. Only the flicker of the computer monitor illuminates. The sweet and relaxing vibe of Luther soothingly surrounds the room. Suddenly, a fantastic yet encruciating feeling pervades. A soft rumble and serene moan breaks the mood.

Yes, its me and I have felt the hunger pangs and require the delicate satisfaction of something out of my reach. Pizza! Not just any pizza. I desire the scrumptuous delight of a pie with spicy marinara sauce and sweet Italian sausage, spicy Capicola ham, julienne salami, Fontina, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Topped with fresh oregano and basil.

Oh yes... heaven's delight! California Pizza Kitchen's (CPK) Sicilian Neapolitan Pizza!

This is so delish!!! I remember back in the day when me and my older brother would just hop in a car and drive for about 10 minutes until we reached the Shangri-La mall, heaven's gate, where the spicy aroma of the most exhilarating mixture of meat and spices await. In other words, we would have lunch and order this pizza along with a side order of salad, veggie nacho chips with artichoke dip, a platter of fettucini, and tall glasses of bottomless root beer.

I know what you guys are thinking... and yes this is one reason why all of us in the family can feed a whole village with bacon from our thighs. In any case, I would give my left foot just to eat this again. But since no one really wants my left foot... I will have to wait this out until I go back to Manila. I should be back there in a month and half. When I do get there... CPK watch out!!!

comments:

Hilarious, Davey!! =) I can hear your tummy from here!

Thanks for the MP3 file too. Best song to listen to on this lazy day.

Can't wait to see your other posts soon!