Sunday, November 18, 2007

Those Were The Days

Just a few minutes ago, I was looking at my disgusting pig-like body through the mirror. Fortunately, the glass didn't shatter from the stress. The disastrous image started to bring back memories of my college days. Whether you believe me or not, I was a buff guy back then. I used to be a member of the UP Varsity Volleyball Team and, for awhile, trained with the RP Youth Team. There was a time when I could actually dunk a ball through a regulation basketball hoop. Nowadays, I cause a tremor when I even try to jump. If you guys don't believe me, here is a picture of the 1996 UP Volleyball Team.... now look for me.... wait for it... yeah that's me on the bottom right.

So there it is, that is me 11 years and 70lbs ago. When I think about it, I even used to have abs. All I have now is 1 gigantic "ab".

Those were really the days. I actually miss playing volleyball and these guys. We placed 2nd in the UAAP that year losing to UST in the finals.

I just want to share this tidbit of info with you guys. I used to be thin and fit with muscles all over. Now I only have one muscle left, my brain. Well, whats left of it.

Ciao,

D








comments:

good ol' days...